I wanted to try out Twitch API but I had no inspiration. Then, I met someone who needed a chrome extension to notify her followers when she's streaming or when she upload a new video on Youtube.
The following day was her birthday so I was in a rush somehow but I came up with a fully functional extension in time even though it took me few days to release the first beta.
It has been released on 29th December 2016.
- Shows notification up to 15 minutes after a video has been uploaded
- Shows notification up to 1 minute after stream goes live
- Shows social networks when you click on the icon
- Dynamic title and message for notifications
- Working on multi-threading so it checks if there is a new video every two minutes
and if FC stream is live every twenty seconds
- Get YT video information another way to reduce latency
- Fix thumbnail for YT notification
FC Project on Github